Apart from your bed, a wardrobe is one of the most important pieces of furniture you will buy for your bedroom. Whether you’re a teenager, student, transitioning adult or fully fledged adult there is no excuse for a floordrobe, or a chair that has now become a pile of not dirty but not clean clothes. Some clothes need to be hung up and others can be folded neatly in a drawer, but different sized rooms require different types of wardrobes. If you’re unsure of which wardrobe to go for, then check out our guide.
A freestanding wardrobe is the most common wardrobe for most bedrooms, and is great as it can be moved around the bedroom. This type of wardrobe is great for spacious bedrooms, and for those who like to play around with the feng shui of their bedroom.
- A freestanding wardrobe is much cheaper than a built-in-wardrobe or walk-in wardrobe.
- You can move a wardrobe around and take it with you.
- You can change and replace freestanding wardrobe doors.
- It is easier to replace.
- A freestanding wardrobe takes up much more space and sticks bulky.
- If a freestanding wardrobe isn’t attached to the wall, it may fall on you.
- A freestanding wardrobe doesn’t have as much space inside in comparison to made to measure wardrobes.
- You may have to build a freestanding wardrobe on your own.
Made to Measure Wardrobe
A made to measure wardrobe or fitted wardrobe is a great way to utilise dead space, and works perfectly for bedrooms minimal space. These types of wardrobes are usually built and fitted by carpenters or specialists, but really utilise the space in a room.
- A made to measure wardrobe utilises the space in a room.
- Fitted wardrobes are aesthetically pleasing.
- Fitted wardrobes can be built as a bespoke wardrobe.
- You can replace the doors on a made-to measure wardrobe.
- A made to measure wardrobe takes a little longer to build than a freestanding wardrobe.
- Fitted wardrobes cost more than a freestanding wardrobe.
- Made to measure wardrobes cost more than a freestanding wardrobe.
- Once this type of wardrobe is fitted it is harder to change or alter.
- Although you can build a made-to-measure wardrobe, it is much harder to do.
Sliding doors is a great way to go on a made to measure wardrobe, as no space is needed for the doors to open out into the room. These types of doors go from floor to ceiling, wasting no space at all.
- Sliding Door wardrobes waste minimal space.
- Sliding wardrobes take up very little space.
- These types of wardrobes come in a range of colours and styles.
- You can replace sliding wardrobe doors.
- Sliding wardrobes cost more than other wardrobes.
- Once installed, these style wardrobes are difficult to alter or change.
A walk in wardrobe is the ultimate symbol of luxury, and the majority of walk-in wardrobes are something we’d picture from a Hollywood film. If you’ve got enough room for a walk-in wardrobe, then it is best to hire a specialist who can make your dream a reality.
- An ultimate symbol of luxury.
- A small room will give you extra storage space.
- You can have a walk-in wardrobe tailored to your exact specifications.
- Walk-in wardrobes cost a lot more money than any other wardrobe.
- You need an extra room for a walk-in wardrobe.
All of these style wardrobes come in different styles – from high gloss to shaker style doors, there’s something to suit everyone. Just remember, natural colours will never go out of style, and wardrobe handles are interchangeable!
Lark and Larks are professionals when it comes to all things interior design. If you want help with your kitchen or bedroom renovations, do not hesitate to get in touch.